Mustard Crusted Lamb Racks
Serving for 2 | 1 hour | Intermediate
- 1/2 cups sifted almond flour
- 1 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1/2 teaspoons minced dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil + additional for searing
- 1 baby lamb rack, thawed to room temperature
- 1 tablespoons Stone ground mustard
- an oven pan
- In a bowl put almond flour, parsley, mint, rosemary, salt, pepper and oil and mix until well combined.
- Preheat oven with oven pan to 205°C (400°F)
- Season lamb with salt and pepper. Heat skillet with oil over medium high heat until hot but not smoking, then sear lamb on both sides until golden brown. Transfer to oven pan, fatty side up.
- Spread top side of rack with mustard. Pat crust mixture over mustard coating and gently press to adhere.
- For medium rare: roast lamb until thermometer reads 55°C (130°F) at the thickest part, about 10 to 15 minutes into roasting.
- Transfer to cutting board, rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- You may pair with Arugula and Frisée Salad.
Attributions Recipe modified from: epicurious