Is breakfast something that eludes you? You can take it back with this super easy, delicious breakfast that you can either make overnight or 15 mins at your desk.
Chia pudding requires two essential ingredients and a load of imagination. Chia seed and almond milk make the base of this dish while you can customize the topping to anything you like.
Why Chia seeds?
Chia seeds are so good for you, they're jam packed with nutrients. It's most well known for its omega-3, magnesium and calcium content, which are a great defense against cardiovascular diseases and osteoporosis [1,2].
What's more, it's ability to absorb water and liquid allows you to stay more hydrated as it slowly releases the water content as you digest it.
Here's how to make it.
Easy Peasy Chia Pudding Recipe
Serves 1 | 15-20 mins | Easy
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 240mL of almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- Toppings: chopped fruits, chopped nuts, dried fruits, cacao powder, matcha powder, acai powder, coconut oil, oats, quinoa pops, yogurt, jam, etc.
- a container (preferably with a lid)
- a spoon
- Fill the container with 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- Fill the container with almond milk
- Use a spoon and stir for 2 mins
- Cover and set aside in the fridge or on the desk for a minimum of 15 mins (may keep in the fridge overnight)
- Remove cover and top with any toppings of your choice
Let us know what your favourite topping is for your chia pudding!
 Ullah R, Nadeem M, Khalique A, Imran M, Mehmood S, Javid A, et al. Nutritional and therapeutic prespectives of Chia (Salvia hispanica L.): a review. J Food Sci Technol [Internet]. 2016 Apr [Cited 2020 Sep 21];53(4):1750-1758. Available from: http://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-015-1967-0
 Chañi E, Pacheco S, Martínez G, Freitas M, Ivona Jo, Ivona Ja, et al. Long-Term Dietary Intake of Chia Seed Is Associated with Increased Bone Mineral Content and Improved Hepatic and Intestinal Morphology in Sprague-Dawley Rats. Nutrients [Internet]. 2018 Jul [Cited 2020 Sep 20];10(7):922. Available from: http://doi.org/10.3390/nu10070922