I don't know about you, but I just can't get enough of banana bread! It's been a staple in my family since I was a child and nothing beats the smell of freshly baked banana bread.
Well I know not a lot of Hong Kongers have time to bake (though COVID has changed things up a bit), this recipe is such a great way to use up ripe bananas and is so easy to make! No need to have multiple bowls of dry and wet ingredients. Just dump everything into a blender and you're set. All you need is a blender, an oven... and maybe a scale.
Let's get started!
Blender Banana Bread
Serving 1 loaf | 1 hour | Easy
- 3 very ripe bananas (or 4 small bananas)
- 120g milk
- 65g vegetable oil or 90g butter
- 100g brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 260g flour
- 12g baking powder
- 3g baking soda
- 3 g cinnamon powder
- 3 g salt
- a blender
- an oven
- a scale
- 9 x 5 in loaf pan
- Preheat the oven to 175°C
- Place the ingredients in the orders listed into the blender.
- Pulse 5-10 times before blending at medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Switch the blender to high speed and blend for 1 minute or until incorporated. Use tamper if necessary.
- Pour mixture into a buttered/greased 9 x 5 in loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and rest for 15 minutes before carefully removing from pan.
- Slice when ready to eat and serve as desired.
Options: Top with oats or nuts prior to baking for a fun and beautiful loaf!
If you've made this, comment below how you liked this and how you top your banana breads!
Attributions Photos by Evangelina Silina (Cover) and Whitney White (In blog) from Unsplash