All the deliciousness of a banana bread with all the benefits of clean eating. Don't let the word vegan throw you off, this is absolutely delicious and whether you have made vegan your life choice or would like to experiment, this recipe won't disappoint!
About the ingredients
Learning about your food is the best way for you to learn how to substitute ingredients. In this recipe, we're using chia seeds to replace the eggs. "Chia eggs" are soaked chia seeds. As they soak up the ingredients, they coagulate into a gel consistency, which is the perfect consistency to replacing eggs. Now, there are instances where chia eggs don't hold up, but for this recipe, it's the perfect substitute.
Vegan Blender Banana Bread
Serving 1 loaf | 1h 30m | Easy
- 228g water
- 36g chia seeds
- 260g rolled oatmeals, gluten free optional
- 3 very ripe bananas (or 4 small bananas)
- 65g vegetable oil
- 100g coconut sugar or 8 medjool dates
- 12g baking powder
- 3g baking soda
- 3 g cinnamon powder
- 3 g salt
- a blender
- an oven
- a scale
- 9 x 5 in loaf pan
- Preheat the oven to 175°C
- Place 108g of water and chia into a cup and mix with a spoon for 1-2 mins
- Let the mixture sit for 15 mins
- Add the chia mixture and the rest of the ingredients in their listed order into the blender
- Pulse 5-10 times before blending at medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Switch the blender to high and blend for 2 minutes or until incorporated. Use tamper if necessary.
- Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 9 x 5 in loaf pan.
- Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.
- Gently place into oven and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and rest for 15 minutes before carefully removing from pan.
- Slice when ready to eat and serve as desired.
Optional: Decorate your banana bread with chocolate chips or nuts before putting in the oven!
Let us know in the comments below how yours came out!